Child Bereavement UK supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement. Every year we deliver training to around 5000 professionals, helping them to better understand the needs of grieving families.
Vision & Mission
Our vision is for all families to have the support they need to rebuild their lives, when a child grieves or when a child dies.
Our mission is to ensure the accessibility of high quality child bereavement support and information to all families and professionals by increasing our reach and plugging the gaps that exist in bereavement support and training across the country and embedding standards in the sector.
Support and Information line
We provide confidential support, information and guidance to families and professionals. Our professionally trained bereavement support workers are available to take calls 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Tel: 0800 02 888 40
Email Support and Information
Our support team can also be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bereavement support for families
The charity has experience in delivering the following direct services at a growing number of locations across the country:
- Individual, couple and family support sessions
- Parents’ support groups for baby and child death and support through a subsequent pregnancy
- Children and Young People’s groups (CHYPS) for children to attend with adult carers
- A Young People’s Advisory Group (YPAG) for bereaved young people up to age 25
We also offer consultancy and bespoke solutions for organisations looking to address specific local needs.
Training for professionals
We operate an established training, consultancy and staff support service, providing:
- Workshops, courses and conferences covering a breadth of subjects, both at our dedicated charity centre in Buckinghamshire and at venues across the country
- Tailor-made workshops, devised by our experienced facilitators to meet an organisation’s specific needs
- Comprehensive course materials
- Certificates of attendance for Continuing Professional Development (all our training is CPD certified)
- Consultancy / supervision offering information and guidance to organisations in the statutory, voluntary and corporate sector
Tel: 01494 568908 or email: email@example.com
Support and training for schools
We provide specialised training, resources and information for schools and have a dedicated schools section on our website. We also run an awareness campaign for primary schools: www.elephantsteaparty.co.uk
Publications and resources
We provide books, DVDs and workbooks for bereaved families, which have been developed with their input, and for professionals. Many of our resources have received British Medical Association recognition for educational merit.